About Free Zones
Free Zones are economic areas where one can carry out trade at preferential tax and customs rates. Free Zones were originally formed to boost international business in the region by offering benefits such as 100% foreign company ownership.
The UAE has over 50 free zones with some offering generic activities for all industries, whereas others are industry-specific.
- 100% Ownership
- No NOC (No Objection Certificate) is required from the current employer
- No paid-up share capital required
- Option to incorporate a company under common law
- Physical office space not mandatory
- 0% corporate and income tax
- Option to incorporate remotely
- Flexibility to incorporate in jurisdictions where employee health insurance is not mandatory
UAE Free Zones
The UAE consists of seven emirates: Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Fujairah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain and Ras Al Khaimah with free zones specific to each emirate. Check the advantages and location of each and pick the one best suited to your business needs: